Thursday, April 28, 2011

New project - "Best of Times"

I thought it would be a good idea for this year 's Forth Valley Open Studios to give myself a project with a tight deadline. Well the deadline is certainly tight - it's only weeks away - because I have dithered about the best way of doing an " art and ageing" project.

So, I have decided on a blog that looks at the many positive ways that people these days approach this time of their lives often in ways that challenge the stereotyped images that surround the subject .
You have only got to open a newspaper to see the ageist language used : " oldies" " old folks" "old age pensioner ".

The blog "Best of Times" invites contributions from mature bloggers .
Also I am doing a photographic /video installation showing positive images of those who are 60+

No comments: