Friday, September 25, 2009

103 Trongate Arts centre

Off to the new 103 Trongate Arts Centre in Glasgow with some prints to be framed for upcoming exhibition, except I have some misgivings .

Am I just adding " objects" to an already overcrowded world? this is something that has been on my mind for some time so I was interested to read the other day that Damien Hirst has announced he will stop doing his spot paintings because the world "already has too many art objects".

Well it is OK for him having made his millions but what about the rest of us struggling to earn a crust?


So I will go into Glasgow and get my prints framed.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I think you got it right, at the end. The value of a work of art is what it communicates to the world. Maybe D.H. has realized that his doesn't communicate anymore...so he should stop and go play some golf!
He can afford it.
Don't you love it when these celebrity artists get jaundiced about their work? That is, after they've "suffered" extreme success!